Shahid
Shahid, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing Home Theater Systems as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

i have a blu ray home entertainment system and it plays bluray

Customer Question

i have a blu ray home entertainment system and it plays bluray but every so often i get one it won't play i have just bought a transformers box set all 4 movies from asda and it won't play any of them
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of bluray home theater system in question?
- Also, does it display main menu of bluray disc but won't play the movie?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did i send that because i got no notification that its sent

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Dave,
I didn't receive it and still awaited.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure if its working

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Dave,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have sent this 3 times now something is not working properly.....!!!its a samsung htc500d.No it doesn't display anything just makes some noises and says cannot play please check disk!

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Dave,
I just got the model number info and I'm afraid samsung htc500d seems incorrect number, can you please recheck?
Also, how old is the sound system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry its HT-C5500D its about 5 to 6 years old

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave info.
- Have you tried to clean the laser lens in unit with lens cleaning disc?
If not yet, please put lens cleaning disc in unit and play it to clean the lens and check.
If it doesn't help then it seems laser block is failing and requires replacement which will cost good money if laser block still available with Samsung parts and alternately you can get a stand alone bluray player, connect it into HDMI input of TV and hook its sound/ audio output to HT-C5500D optical input to get sound, new bluray player would be available around 50~60 Pounds and will save you to take this unit to repair shop etc.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had this problem from it been new i contacted currys and they said it may need updating i don't know how to do this only been odd blu ray but just bought this 4 film set and cannot play it

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I understand and my answer is based on your reply where it said "it doesn't display anything just makes some noises and says cannot play please check disk!"
However, you may please check following Samsung link to download firmware upgrade file or connect the bluray player to internet through Ethernet cable in LAN port of player and hook it to your modem then run Network setup to establish internet connection and check software update option in player menu so it can get software update from Samsung through modem...
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HT-C5500/XEU
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It plays some blu ray so i will try this i have a iMac computer so what do i do I'm not great with computers

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I'm not familiar with iMac, however, please check following link to view upgrade instructions and this process requires USB thumb drive...
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201004/20100409104014234/USB_Upgrade_Eng.pdf