p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Denton x2000 connection fail I can't get my Samsung

Customer Question

I have a Denton x2000 connection fail
I can't get my Samsung tv to go into Hdmi1 mode
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me what source devices you're using here, in addition to the denon (cable/satellite, dvd, game, etc)?

If you connect another device to the tv directly on hdmi one (such as a cable box), do you get normal picture to the tv that way?

JACUSTOMER-c4f0o4mp- : I am on an iPhone and hard to figure out how the chat works. I can't get the HMI to be highlighted on the Samsung tv the Denton said it needed an upgrade and after I did that no tv
Nathan :

The chat does not work well from an iphone. I can switch us to another format that is easier to read though.

Can you please test another device on the tv directly, via hdmi1. This will help us to further isolate the issue.

Also, can you clarify if you updated the TV or the Denon firmware?

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please credit back my 35.00 this is not going well with an iphone. Thank you
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
I've changed us over to this message format rather than chat which should be easier to follow. Please test another hdmi device and answer my prior questions so that we may continue. I sent you a phone support offer which we can do via FaceTime as well if you prefer.
I'm just the tech and have no control over billing. If you want to discontinued you may contact the site customer service for that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we try again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The HMI is not high lighted on my Samsung screen. As per your question I updated both the demon and the Samsung. I have Directtv and the source says air or cable no HMI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Weak or no signal displaying
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, sorry I missed you earlier.
So when you hooked the dtv box up to the tv direct to samsung (bypassing denon), you can't bring up hdmi either?
Did this all work before the update, and which was updated tv or denon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It all worked perfect before the Denin upgrade
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Have you tested something (dtv) directly to the tv (not passed through denon)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not bypassed anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would re setting the Denon solve the problem?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
It may help, it may not. Doing a reset of the denon will clear ALL settings on it, meaning you have to go through all of the speaker calibration and other settings again.I am suggesting you bypass the denon and test a device direct to the tv so that we can confirm the hdmi port/cable is functional, before doing anything else. I can certainly give you the reset steps if you want to just skip ahead to that.