carlbradshaw
carlbradshaw, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  25 years of A/V install. and problem solving.
63750231

Do you repair one section (CD Player) of a 4 deck (1990s) fully

Do you repair one section (CD Player) of a 4 deck (1990s) fully compact Hifi Stereo system. It has worked brilliantly for over 20 years but it seems there is a stuck disc making a grinding noise , which continues even when we play radio or cassette on it. It is a LBTN350 Sony
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  carlbradshaw replied 2 years ago.
carlbradshaw :

My name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you. Although the Sony unit appears as a 4 deck system, if you look at the back you will quickly find that it is all in one unit. In other words the units are not separated for repair. Th e entire unit would have to sent off to be repaired or taken in to a local repair shop. Unfortunately due to the age of this unit and the market it was intended Sony does not maintain repair parts for this unit. I did check the Sony archives to no avail. The best suggestion I have for you is to be happy you got your money's worth out of it and just chalk it up to the fact that its time to look for a new system.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I am sorry to deliver the unfortunate news, but kindly give me a posative rating for the time I spent researching this for you, and if you need assistance looking for a replacement unit, that can be arranged as well.