Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My L.G.sound bar woofer Light is all of a sudden red and unit

My L.G.sound bar woofer Light is all of a sudden red and unit will not work
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please get me the model number of the LG soundbar/subwoofer system?
Also, how long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?
Is the soundbar working currently, but simply not the subwoofer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model nb 45 32 b . I have owned for one year. No sound bar is not working either.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.
Are you just under one year? A year to the day? Or just over one year?
The reason I'm asking you to be so specific, is that there's a god possibility this is a hardware-related issue.
Please also let me know what the soundbar is connected to (Cable Box, SAT Box, directly to TV, etc.)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just over one year. It is connected to TV

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, Please remove the connections of both the soundbar- and the woofer from power.
Then remove the optical (assuming that's what is being used), from the TV to the soundbar for at least 30 seconds. Plug the optical or audio cable back into both the TV and the soundbar, and then connect both devices back into power.
Power the system up, and let me know if there's any change in the lights on the subwoofer, or any sound from the soundbar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did both still nothing light is red no sound

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I'm pulling up documentation to see if there's another way to reset this- and will post back soon.
In the meantime, was this system working perfectly fine and then simply stopped?
Or was there a storm, or power outage that may have acted as a catalyst?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Worked fine last night turned on today nothing

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, is the display lit up on the soundbar? Does it respond to the functions on the remote- but simply with no sound?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No nothing from either

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, if even the display on the soundbar doesn't function, then this is beyond a setting, or reset issue and you have hardware failure in the processor of the soundbar. This requires the unit be repaired, or replaced- since there's not a pushbutton fix for this problem. Was there perhaps any extended warranty purchased on the system?