Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

How do I correct a faulty volume control on my Sony LBT -N200

How do I correct a faulty volume control on my Sony LBT -N200 compact hi-fi stereo system?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. You say the sound is intermittent, does it cut out completely? Can you describe in a little more detail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The volume control knob doesn't alter the sound volume but the remote does. The sound comes and goes every few seconds but does not cut out completely.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
That's bad, since it works with the remote, but not the knob, and it's affecting the volume control, you'll need to remove the pot from the circuit, and fit a new one. Pots are pretty cheap, and if you go to any electronics repair shop, they will likely have spares laying around.
Are you well versed in electronics? If you take it in, it will be around $40 to fix.