p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

i have a JVC soundbar and the controller is broken, i have

i have a JVC soundbar and the controller is broken, i have a LG tv control and a sky hd remote could you please tell me how to link either one to turn vol up and down on sound bar
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Can you tell me the full model number of the JVC?
I can then advise on the proper code to use for it with your sky remote.

The LG remote is not going to be able to control other devices.

Customer:

hi

Customer:

TH-WL01B does this help

Customer:

S/W(###) ###-####/p>

Nathan :

Yes, the TH looks like the proper model number, thank you.

Nathan :

Does your sky remote use 3, 4, or 5 digit codes?

Customer:

the sky remote asks me to hold down select and 0 blinks twice enter code and press left arrow that should switch the sound bar to stand by its a four digit code 0102 0492 1523 1402 1704

Customer:

none of the codes above work

Nathan :

That is not surprising, the codes you'll find provided by sky are intended for a standalone amplifier or receiver,

Nathan :

soundbars are a different bread of audio equipment, and won't work with most remotes at all

Nathan :

There is one specific IR code set attributed to your particular soundbar model,

Nathan :

which is 1374. As an alternate/backup code you can use 0074.

Customer:

so will i be able to link my sky remote to my sound bar because its driving me nuts

Nathan :

It is possible, however, that no matter what code is used, your remote will not be able to control the devices you wish to use it with. Cable/satellite/AV Component manufacturers include basic functionality for common devices at the time the remote is made, but are not able to provide coverage for every make and model, and are not able to update for every new device that comes out, so there is no guarantee of compatibility.

In short, if using this code does not work, then it is simply not possible and your sky remote is not capable of operating the soundbar at all.

Nathan :

In that event your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your system.)

Customer:

do i take the steps sky said i.e hold down 0 select blinks twice enter your code hold left arrow ?

Customer:

ive done this and both codes dont work

Nathan :

The programming steps that are specified by sky are correct, the issue isn't the programming process, but the code.

Customer:

i have a one for all remote but also i cant link that eithe

Nathan :

The sky remote has a limited frequency range and capability though, and even with the proper code may still not work.

Nathan :

In general any of the cheap/basic remotes are only going to work for the very most common brands and devices. Soundbars are tricky from any manufacturer, but once you get beyond the main ones (lg, samsung, panasonic, sony), the less common brands (like JVC) rarely work with those simple remotes.

Nathan :

The logitech I sent a link to earlier would be able to handle the soundbar

Customer:

so that remote link you sent will work my sound bar in the booklet that comes with it, will have i.e tv codes dvd codes and sound bar codes?

Nathan :

The remote link I sent would operate the soundbar, as well as the sky box and the tv

Nathan :

There are no "codes" for it, it is not programmed the same way as your sky remote

Nathan :

you plug it into your computer with a cord, and it has special software, where you just type in the make/model of the tv, sky box, soundbar, etc and the remote programs itself based on that information.

Customer:

oh i see thats really helpful thankyou its not a cheap remote i hope this works

Nathan :

No they aren't cheap,

Nathan :

but they do work very well,

Nathan :

there is a refurbished version of that remote too, it is about $10 less

Nathan :

would you prefer a link to that one?

Customer:

yes please send me that link too refurbished may be faulty tho

Nathan :

Well refurb means it had a problem and was repaired by the manufacturer.

Customer:

and your 110% sure this remote will do my JVC sound bar because ive spent £100 already on remotes

Nathan :

Yes, I am positive it will be able to control the soundbar

Nathan :

I've programmed these logitech remotes for many soundbars before, including jvc ones, with no problems.

Customer:

you have been a great help thankyou i will order the remote and program tv,sky,soundbar cheers

Nathan :

You're very welcome, and best of luck to you.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan

Customer:

quick one were does the computer lead plug in

Nathan :

usb

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.