Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic radio/CD/iPOD centre, model number SC-HC3DB.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic radio/CD/iPOD centre, model number SC-HC3DB. It has no power coming through. I have checked the fuse and it is ok.
Help please.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can wait another 24 hours.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to assist, but I need to ask you for more information.
1) How long have you owned the Panasonic for and when did the problem occur?
2) Did you test the fuse with a Multi-Meter, or just a visual inspection?
3) Are you able to perform voltage tests at any points near the power transformer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have owned it for around 4 - 5 years, and it is out of warranty.

I replaced the fuse by one that was in good condition.

I cannot perform any voltage tests.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, no sign of the power light indicates that the standby voltage is not present from the power supply. This is likely caused by a faulty power supply transformer which requires voltage testing to confirm, and then another with the same VA ratings must be swapped for the old one. Additionally voltage regulators and bridge rectifiers are also in the power supply circuit and would need to be tested as well to determine why the standby has failed. Average cost for this type of repair exceeds the cost of replacement of the unit, and therefore if taken to a shop is not a cost effective endeavor. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied with my efforts, please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited.