Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Morning, I have a new Sony Bravia KD55X8505BBU and have also

Customer Question

Morning, I have a new Sony Bravia KD55X8505BBU and have also purchased a Sony XT HT1 soundbase. I am running a PS4 and Sky HD box through the soundbase via HDMI ARC and have no issues at all, sync works and both the sound for both the sky box and the PS4 works fine. Remote controls are all linked also. The issue that I have is that I am getting no sound if watching the TV, either standard TV ans also any streaming from Netflix etc. I have tried connecting the optical cable and this returns sound from the TV but seems to cause lip sync issues from the sky box. Any ideas on how I can get the TV sound to work?
Simon
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask you for more information.
1) Are you saying that by adding the optical from the TV to the soundbar, the Sky Box sync is now out?
2) How about the PS4- is the sync maintained?
3) Have you tried rebooting the Sky box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds, and then plugging it back in?
Let me know and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The actual sync is maintained but the picture to sound sync is slightly out, the main problem is no sound from the soundbase when viewing TV output using HDMI ARC connection - I get sound if I connect the optical cable

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I am out of ideas on this one and will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply contacting customer service via the home page.