p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Sony CDP-CX350 compact Disc Player in which the turntable

Customer Question

I have a Sony CDP-CX350 compact Disc Player in which the turntable has stopped turning nand the door will open only m anually Can you advise please
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism or turntable, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place, or bad control board). For a 16 year old player, seeing this type of failure just from normal age related wear and tear is common.

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging anything inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.