Shahid
Shahid, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing Home Theater Systems as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic SC-HC 29 EG-K Model 86465. I have had this

I have a Panasonic SC-HC 29 EG-K Model 86465. I have had this CD player for four months and the unit will not play CDs anymore. When I select Play CD the display shows READING and after a while shows NO PLAY.
Sometimes it will start to play but quickly starts to skip.
I have only played the one CD and this for only 30 minutes after which time I have set the machine to turn off (sleep).
I have followed all the instructions given in the manual, but nothing solves the problem - can you please help - thanks.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to clean the laser lens with lens cleaning disc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Shahid,

Thank you for your reply.

No, I have not used a lens cleaning disc mainly because from what I read on various forums this is not recommended by the manufacturers.

Also, I considered that as the unit has only had minimal use it should not have become that dirty - I've only played one CD and that for only half an hour per day.

Do you think I should purchase a lens cleaning disc, or could there be another fault?

Best regards,

Peter

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter,
Lens could get dusty if unit is out of box, no matter if you play a disc or not. Please try to run lens cleaning disc in player and reply back with the result.
Also, how old it is and still under warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Shahid,

I have purchased an Allsop Prolens Cleaner and this also skips (there is a commentary on the disc).

I then inserted the original CD and it 'reads' the disc for about two minutes (showing - 'READING' on display), then says 'NO PLAY'.

I think the unit is now destined for the rubbish bin - I've spent enough on problem solving.

Best regards,

Peter

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, it seems the optical block isn't working properly and lens cleaning disc didn't work which indicates the laser block is failing thus couldn't read out the data on disc, at this point you would be better off with a new CD player instead of spending time and money on this one's repair as it could cost approx new unit price.
I wish I had better news about this player, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.