Shahid
Shahid, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing Home Theater Systems as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

my panasonic sc pxt7 does not play the dvd sound correctly,

Customer Question

my panasonic sc pxt7 does not play the dvd sound correctly, it's fine for the intro sound ie universal logo but not the film?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What exactly is the sound problem the unit has when trying to play the film?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The initial sound of the start ie Universal Pictures sounds fine however when the film proper starts the voices are extremely muffled and you can't tell at all what they are saying and there is so much bass noise. The dvd plays fine through the computer and the picture on the player is perfect too. It happens with all dvd's even those I hsve played previously with this machine. I wondered if it had neen reset to the wrong region as it starts by asking what language I want to play the dvd in. Wound you like a sound byte if you need it to help? Simon

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. How old is this system, and has the sound always been like this, or is it brand new and the first time using it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have had the system for ages, worked fine up till this time, still plays music CD's with no problem at all?? I am so confused thanks for the help Simon

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I'm trying to find the manual for this unit but the model number you posted does not show up as valid. Could you please check it again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Aric, here's the URL for the manual download if it helps you, the model number is ***** apologies for the wrong way round.

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCPTX7.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Can you please tell me if all of the speakers are working?
Also, using the "Sound" button on the bottom of the remote, are you able to change the sound settings, and do any of them sound any better?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I would suggest shutting the "H Bass" OFF, and also select "EQ" and go to "Flat" (removing all excessive junk from the vocal and bass ranges). Let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Aric, have now tried all this, with H bass off and eq to flat and checking the speakers they all seem to be working, on a cd the sound changes with the adjustments however on the DVD it is just a muffled buzzing sound until the 'universal Pictures' logo comes up when it all goes back to sounding entirely normal just for that bit and then goes back to buzzing when the actual film tries to play. Could it be region settings, I don't know how to alter them? It has always been set up for the UK and nothing has changed. Sorry it is all so frustrating. Simon

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, I don't have any info on Region settings, and since the steps are not working, I will need to opt out and open the question for other experts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for all your help, I'm sorry we couldn't resolve it, hopefully other experts will have a solution

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
On your DVD remote select Audio and change the audio stream until it comes in ok, there are usually more than one you may be having a problem with the DTS soundtrack. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Mike, Sadly this didn't solve the problem either. It's so frustrating think I'll have to get a replacement! Simon

I am having trouble finding info on that system. Do you have a link?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Mike can't find an more info at all, the system is SC PTX7 and there is a link to the manual only in the panasonic website Simon

Ok thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello Simon, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Lets try to reset the unit to default settings which will help to get normal sound if it is due to any wrong settings..
Select DVD/CD input in unit and press and hold 'STOP' button on unit and '>10' on its remote control until the "Initialize" is displayed, this will restore default settings in unit.
Now playback a DVD and check the sound, is it normal or problem still persist?
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apologies it doesn't bring up the initialise command so no go I'm afraid Simon
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
This is odd, are you sure you hold 'STOP' button on unit and '>10' on unit remote control for some time to get Initialize message on unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I was holding both on the remote. Have tried this, machine initialised but unfortunately this didn't solve the problem either regards ***** *****

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK Simon, is the unit connected to internet to get latest firmware update?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not at present but I can connect it Simon

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, connect it to internet so it might get firmware update (if any available from Panasonic), this should work to resolve the problem if it is not related to hardware related issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will connect and then leave overnight to update unless there is a way of checking updates? Simon

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
There is Maintenance Menu option in unit menu where you can try to update software instantly.