Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I reactivate protection circuit DRA-F109

Customer Question

how do I reactivate protection circuit for Denon DRA-F109 audio device

Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Can you please elaborate on what you mean by: "how do I reactivate protection circuit"?
Are you sure you're not asking how to "de-activate" it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, perhaps you are right

at the moment there is no life in this part of equipment but the red light flashes on and of continuously

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. There isn't a button or setting you can adjust to remove the protection circuitry- it's caused by either an external or internal short.
To rule out whether the short is internal or external, first disconnect the system from power, then remove the speaker wire connections from the back of the receiver.
Plug the receiver back into power and attempt to turn it on.
If it still blinks, then you have an internal hardware issue which requires service.
Let me know what happens.
If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Aric

unfortunately it still blinksCry could advise me on the next step please

Karel

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that, and this means the unit needs to go into Denon for service, but unfortunately it's not going to be a cheap repair- with the average range being over $200 parts and labor.
http://dgr.eu.denon.com/uk/support/service-network
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?