p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Technics DVD FI Stereo System, Model No SC-DV170.

I have a Technics DVD HI FI Stereo System, Model No SC-DV170. They are supposed to be stacked on top of each other and connected with a 20 wire ribbon cable, now this HI FI System is working ok, but the problem I have is, I am trying to get 3 extension 20 wire ribbon cables about 18ins long with male and female connectors so that I can set them side by side in the tv stand. The connectors are Black but there is one of them Blue. The blue one still goes into the black female one, I tried it with no power on to see was the connectors the same. So it appears the connectors are the same, just a differant colour for identity when the power is on. The blue connector has a number on it 06BC and the black connector has the same number. Where would it be possible to get these extenson cables with the male and female connectors. Thank you. Bruce
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Unfortunately due to the age (2005 model), there is no longer support for this unit in any form. Technics discontinued all parts for this unit many years ago, and even when it was in production, there was never an extension cable sold for it. The unit was meant to be stacked in a 2x2 or 4 high configuration only, which the provided cables were designed for. They used some proprietary connectors for these, so there is no generic or universal replacement.
What you can do however, if you are electronically/mechanically inclined, is to make your own. You can either cut the existing cable and splice in an additional length, or remove the existing connectors from the end and (being mindful of the proper pinouts) affix those to a new cable. Bulk ribbon cable is quite inexpensive, and other than your time and possibly needing some tools, would be far less costly than you'd spend for an extension cable if one existed.
Eg: http://amzn.to/1ciJhmc
Best regards,
Nathan