p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I Am trying to connect a SamsungHW350 sound bar to my samsungue40f5300ak

I Am trying to connect a SamsungHW350 sound bar to my samsungue40f5300ak tv but cannot get any sound from the soundbar
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
What sources/inputs are you using with the tv?
Can you try testing the sound bar direct to another device (dvd player, cable box, etc) via optical and tell me if you get sound there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have another optical device but have connected a USB with music and that plays through the sound bar

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
What devices are you using with the tv?Are you sure you had properly set the input mode on the samsung to the optical/digital port?You might also try going into the samsung tv settings, as well as any source device (dvd, cable, etc) and set the audio output format to pcm/stereo (not dolby/digital/auto)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

,Samsung tv set to PCM, normal air Ariel, satellite receiver ,Samsung soundbar set to D in (optical)

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Do you get sound when on the aerial mode at all? Does the sat not have an optical output you can test? THat would be helpful in confirming that the soundbar itself is functional.