p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Due to the room setup my base speaker has to sit in a cupboard

Due to the room setup my base speaker has to sit in a cupboard with a wooden shelf.
What is the best way to minimize the vibration through the shelf?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. If the shelf itself is stable (not a floating/adjustable shelf, but in fixed position that can't move) then you can simply add some felt or rubber "feet" to the bottom of the sub to help isolate any vibrations. If the shelf moves easily, then I would suggest adding screwed in angle brackets to secure it, or run a bead of silicone caulking around the perimeter of the shelf to keep it from vibrating. http://amzn.to/1IAZLlH
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I read the reviews Nathan, and based on those, I think you have made a great suggestion - Thank you!