p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

The display on my lg surround sound has disappeared. it did

the display on my lg surround sound has disappeared. it did this once before and then came back itself but it's been like this for a few weeks this time. what can i do to get it back please?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full model number of your device?Is the sound still working normally from it, able to change inputs, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes able to change inputs. No other problem other than cannot see any display

HB954PB

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I assume the on screen (tv) menus for the lg are accessible as well. Have you ever updated the firmware?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes on screen menus available. just the screen on the main lg sound system. no never updated the firmware. This happened once before and then righted itself.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
There are several possible causes of this. The most likely though is an internal defect, meaning a loose connection or a defective led display panel. It is actually surprising that it went out and came back previously. There is no specific adjustment for screen brightness, so really all we can do here is attempt to reset the unit and/or update the firmware to hope that will do the trick. First reset the system:1) Unplug the power cord from the unit2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If that doesn't help, update the firmware.Update instructions and file here: http://bit.ly/1HIT5y3Click on software update, then scroll down for instruction and update file, download both. If that still doesn't help, it would tend to confirm that the display itself has failed. There is honestly no practical resolution to that. The entire front panel assembly would have to be replaced, and the costs of parts and labor to do that would be more than you'd pay for a whole new surround system. You'd be better off either waiting it out and hoping it may come back, or using it as-is without the display. Since you can get most all the same info from the on screen display, it is more of an annoyance than a true loss of function. Best regards,Nathan