p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

The dvd/cd drive of my Panasonic sa-pm86d is faulty.it will

Customer Question

The dvd/cd drive of my Panasonic sa-pm86d is faulty.it will not eject. Been told to get another drive. All other parts are functioning i.e radio, usb
Where can I get a replacement drive and how much will it cost?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. In this case you'd need to replace the entire drive assembly, that is known as the "dls6 mechanism". The problem is that this is getting to be a fairly old model (from 2008) and all parts are long discontinued. For these basic stereo/dvd system, parts are not stocked in any quantity once the initial warranty period is up, so they are quite impossible to find any longer. Other than setting up a search for this part number on ebay and waiting for one to possibly become available, the only other potential source (which is likely still out of stock in reality) is here: http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=137_198_81556&products_id=1730746 Realistically though, for a system of this age, you're better off just replacing it. For what you'd spend on the drive assembly/part alone, you could buy a brand new bluray player. You'd still need amp/audio of course, but this would get you partway there. The combo systems generally aren't recommended anyway, for the exact reason you are experiencing - inevitably one part fails and the whole system is useless as you just can't get parts for them. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan