Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Computer Sound bar connected to sub woofer produces feed

Customer Question

Computer Sound bar connected to sub woofer produces feed back
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry you're having trouble, let's get you fixed up so you can enjoy your sound bar. I'm a sound engineer, and feedback is caused by a microphone being too close to the speakers. Check for microphones, such as ones in a webcam. Disconnect them if possible. If you are using Windows, right click the speaker icon, and go to your recording devices. This is where you can turn your microphone level down, and it will eliminate the feedback.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had already tried disconnecting the microphone it made no difference.
What do you suggest next?
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
There is another mic somewhere that is causing feedback. Without a mic, feedback is impossible. It's caused by sound coming from your speakers, going through the mic, and back out of your speakers in a continuous loop. If you are using Windows, right click the speaker icon near your clock, and go to your recording devices. This is where you can turn your microphone level down, and it will eliminate the feedback. Right click each microphone, and select disable. Tell me the results.