Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have plugged my iPad into my Denon RCD-M35DAB. The sound

I have plugged my iPad into my Denon RCD-M35DAB. The sound level is very low. I have to have the volume at max on the Denon to nearly hear it. Can you advise please. Thanks
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you using the headphone out on the Ipad to the Denon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

I want to play the music on the ipad/iPhone through the Denon speakers.

My cable is plugged into the RED & WHITE AUX and into the ipad.

The sound quality through the Denon speakers is very low when the Denon volume control is at maximum.

On its own the Denon works fine as it always has done.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay the cable you just described is exactly what I had mentioned above- Aux, is the Headphone jack on the Ipad, and then the Red and White ends of that same cable, are the ones that connect to the Denon. This is common for any Smart Phone, Android, Iphone, or Tablet/Ipad to have a much lower volume level than if a standard "line level" source like a CD player was connected. The audio out for your Ipad is about 1/4 of what a standard CD player would put out- hence the volume is very low. The solution is to insert a small line level preamp in between the Aux/Headphone jack on the Ipad, and the Denon.So the Aux/Headphone jack will connect to the "Input" of the Headamp using an 1/8" to 1/8" stereo patch cable. Then the cable you're currently using will connect to the Headamp "Output"- and red and white ends stay connected to the Denon. This boosts the output signal of the Ipad. A suitable unit is at the link below for purchase: http://www.parts-express.com/vmv-smsl-va-2-va2-desktop-pc-headphone-amplifier--230-202 If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.