Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My denon DRA -F109 has protection power displayed ..how can

My denon DRA -F109 has protection power displayed ..how can I reset it please
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, you don't "Reset" protection- it's there because the receiver has a short circuit connected to it. You need to unplug the receiver and then remove all speaker wires from the back. Plug it back in with NO speaker wires at all touching/connected to the unit and let me know if protection is still on the screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Frown

Yes I did that earlier, still the same

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, "protection" monitors the speaker output jacks on the receiver- and it engages when there's either an external or an internal short. So if the unit still shows this with nothing connected to it- then we know the issue's internal. This means the speaker output transistor board has shorted and requires replacement. The cot for this type of repair is going to be in the $200-$250 range parts and labor, which I realize is bad news. Unfortunately there's nothing else you an do here, it's either repairs or replacement for the Denon. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have turned the power off and back on now the power light is persistently flashing red...the reason is that my son turned on the unit when the volume was turned way up high is your diagnosis still the same ? Thanks

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the red light flashes when there's an internal fault. Is there nothing at all connected to the Denon right now- no speakers, no RCA connections, etc.- and the light is still flashing?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If this occurred when the volume was too high, this heats up the output transistors- which are what cause the protection to kick in. Usually can be remedied by removing power and then plugging back in. If it stays on, then what I explained above is the cause- speakers or internal failure. If the speaker wires are disconnected, and it's either flashing or showing protection- then it has failed/shorted and needs repairs. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The speakers are disconnected and when the power is on it's still flashing red..so I guess I need to take it for rear. .thanks for your help have a good day...

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, and it doe require repair. Have a good day as well, and also....please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.