p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Yamaha a-s2100 won't turn on maybe it has gone into some kind

Yamaha a-s2100 won't turn on maybe it has gone into some kind of safe mode
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Is the power light or display flashing when you try to turn it on?Does this happen even with nothing at all connected (no speakers or source devices)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nathan,

I have followed all the suggestions in the service manual. The light isn't flashing and it will not not turn on when all the other devices including speakers are not connected to the amplifier. I think what it needs is some secret code inputted via the remote control.

It is still under warranty but the reason I contacted this service was I thought, I would have a live chat with somebody and I wanted it resolved more or less straight away.

I realise this may not be your fault Nathan.

Just being honest.

Kind regards,

Mike.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying you wish to discontinue with me?Or if you do want to continue, are you getting any signs of life from the unit at all (power light, anything on display, clicking sounds, etc)?Do you have an actual service manual, or do you mean the user guide/manual? They are 2 very different things.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nathan,

No I wish to continue if you can help.

There are no lights or anything from the amp. No signs of life at all.

Something like this happened about a month ago but there was a flashing light. I took it to the Yamaha service centre and it took about two weeks to get it back but they told me there is nothing wrong with it, we just had to reset it but I don't know how to do that. Its the weekend here in the UK so I couldn't contact them.

I have looked at the user manual and the safety service brochure what I could get from the yamaha website.

Mike.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Well Mike the issue here is that there is really only the possibility of an internal hardware fault at this point.Yes, there is a reset process, to clear the settings, reset the microprocessor, etc. However, that can only work if you can power the unit on or into standby mode at least. No signs of life can only possibly be a hardware defect, meaning a fault in the internal power supply. If the control board isn't getting voltage due to a bad power supply, then no lights, no reset will work, etc.This is likely a contributing factor to the issue you had previously, and has just continued to degrade, though the fault may not have been obvious to the techs at the time. Other than unplugging power for a few minutes to reset, there is really nothing else you can do on your end. Anything beyond this would be invasive and of the repair nature, and opening the unit yourself voids the warranty, so your best option at this point other than the quick plug/replug reset, is to send it back to the shop and have the yamaha service techs repair it under warranty. I'm sorry there is not a quicker option here, but there is no service menu or remote commands that can revive a unit that is not even getting power through. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands