Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Onkyo amp tx-sr875 no power issue,removed plug and plugged

onkyo amp tx-sr875 no power issue,removed plug and plugged back in after 20 secs,unit is cold and no lights.
common or expensive fix as caps blew the first month i had box.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you saying there are currently no signs of life at all on the device (power light lit or blinking, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no sign of life checked and replaced fuse,plugged into a different socket now and it powered up and this was through a home theatre protection unit that can make safe power/sat/cable/ and lan safe with a lifetime warranty which has now failed on this one connection point.

simple things get overlooked

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You lost me. Are you saying when you plug it into another outlet (always the first thing you should try), that it works just fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i had to unplug something else as all 8 positions are taken on the home theatre and because everything else worked it got over looked.working and sounding normal plugged into other socket.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/tv-accessories/cables-and-accessories/monster-power-blackout-powercenter-hdp-850g-surge-protector-10388045-pdt.html

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Excellent and I'm glad to hear that. With no signs of life the first steps would have been to try another outlet (or bypass the surge protector- as they are prone to failures), or if the issue went beyond that- then the AC fuse inside of the receiver would be checked. I'm glad it was a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.