Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer SBX-N500 soundbar linked to a Sony 4K TV through

I have a Pioneer SBX-N500 soundbar linked to a Sony 4K TV through ARC connection.
It works fine but the sound regularly drops for a split second and then restarts.
Is there a way to correct this?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable between the Pioneer and the Sony yet? These cables are digital and can become intermittent without warning. Additionally, how long have you owned the devices for, and what sources does the sound drop out with (for example: CD, DVD, Cable/SAT, etc.)? Also what is the model number off of the back of the Sony?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Aric,

I have replaced the HDMI cable with a quality new one. I have owned the TV for about 6 months and the pioneer for 4 months, no problem until now. It seemed to start after a Sony software update which was automatically downloaded.

The sound drops off from our Sky cable box, but not if we use the TV speakers.

The Sony model is KD 49x8505B

Hope this helps you

Dougie

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried going into the TV's MENU and resetting to factory defaults?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Instructions would be located in the I-Manual of the TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, nor have I reset the factory defaults on the Pioneer. I'm happy to do that if you feel it will help. In what order and is there anything I should be particularly careful with.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
There's no particular order, and while I can't say if it will help for sure- they're both steps that should be taken as a first attempt. Please give that a shot with the TV first- then test. If the issue persists, try with the Pioneer as well. NOTE: A good first step when resetting is to unplug both devices from power for several seconds as a soft reboot. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.