p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My Hitachi AX M76 has just packed up. The blue light is still

Customer Question

My Hitachi AX M76 has just packed up. The blue light is still on, I have changed the battery in the remote control and still doesn.t work.
Any ideas, it's a couple of years pld.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This unit is more than a couple years old, it is a 16 year old shelf system, manufactured in 1999.If you've got the standby light on it is getting power, so there are no bad fuses or other simple fixes here like a reset button.This would indicate a deeper hardware fault. We usually see this as a result of degradation of the capacitors on the power supply or a faulty control board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 1999 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the unit2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point you're best off just replacing the system entirely. There are no parts available, and you'd pay far more in labor alone than you would for a brand new system with a fresh warranty. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan