Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an LG 24MT30S connected to a Panasonic SA BTX70 Surround

Customer Question

I have an LG 24MT30S connected to a Panasonic SA BTX70 Surround Sound Theatre System using HDMI2 no sound. It is also connected to BT YouView on HDMI1. Great Picture Quality but no sound, why?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, The HDMI is simply sending the video to the TV, and you still need an audio feed from the TV back to the Panasonic surround sound. Unless the TV has a port specifically labeled HDMI "ARC", and the Panasonic's jack is also labeled HDMI "ARC"- then you must run an Optical cable from the TV back to the Panasonic- then go into the LG MENU, under Audio and select "External Speakers", and select the TV Input on the Panasonic to receive audio. Please try that, and if you run into any problems let me know. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to see my reply?