p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I've just bought a Samsung HT3550 sound bar and it keeps

Customer Question

Hi I've just bought a Samsung HT3550 sound bar and it keeps switching itself on during the night
I have disabled the any connect system on the TV but it still keeps switching on
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What connection method are you using between the soundbar and the tv (or other devices)?If you disconnect everything from it, so it is hooked up to mains power only, does it still have the issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Optical cable to set top box for virginmedia
haven't tried it just on its own
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
If only optical, it can't be a setting, that would point to a hardware problem.Test it on its own and if it still happens that way it would confirm an internal defect. In that case the best recourse is to return/exchange it for a new one, as repairs would ultimately be required to fix this.