p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Can you recommend a home visit repair expert to look at our

Can you recommend a home visit repair expert to look at our Sony XO-D50 music and radio system currently the CD selection does not function . It needs expert check to see what could be done on site or taken to a repair workshop We are located at Morgans Walk XXXXXXXXXX which adjoins the bridge. XXXXXXXXXX

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens). If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly. If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement. In that event, the system is simply not worth fixing.This is a late 90s model system, all parts are long discontinued, and labor costs alone would exceed the cost of a replacement system. You'd be in the $250+ range to have someone come out and look at this, which is sufficient to replace the system entirely with a brand new unit with a fresh warranty.Barring that, as an alternative you could hook up an external cd player to it to retain the use of the remaining functions.If you still wish to proceed however, please let me know your post code and I'll assist in finding a tech to come out for you. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Nathan I appreciated your input but as we originally asked the need is for a home visit of an expert repair person for our Sony XO-D50 music and radio system .So despite your reply our request has not been satisfied our repair need is beyond clean of the optical lens .

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
I'm still happy to recommend some one for you, if you like. I was simply trying to caution you that it will not be cost effective to do so. You would be better off replacing it or adding an external player. Let me know your post code though and I'll help you find a tech if yous till wish to do so.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Note however that most shops will no provide in home service for this type of system, you would need to take it in (or pay significantly more in trip charges for on site visit)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Nathan We advised our satisfaction earlier .

Our post code is SW11 3TR it maybe if the technician was to come as originally suggested ,he could add a CD unit that could still be played via the tuner which also distributes to our speakers ,or he could use the Record Player section as for the CD playing.

Regards Richard *******

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Please contact London Sound at(###) ###-####9222