p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have just bought a Samsung ht-j7750w-7-1-smart-3d-4k-blu-ray-dvd-hom

Customer Question

I have just bought a Samsung ht-j7750w-7-1-smart-3d-4k-blu-ray-dvd-home-theatre-system connected to my TV and sky had box in my lounge.I also run 2 more Samsung TV in upstairs bedrooms off a hdmi splitter .The problem I have is now when I have the new home theatre system on I cannot get sound on the 2 bedroom TV .This was never a problem before when I had a Yamaha sound bar connected to my lounge TV.I can get sound on bedroom TVs but only when the Samsung home theatre system is off.This has got me totally confused now.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Right now, do you have the Home Theater HDMI out to the splitter, and then the splitter to the three TV's? Or do you have the Sky box connected to the HDMI splitter, then an optical feed from the Sky box to the surround system? Additionally do ANY of the TV's have sound directly from their speakers? Or is the only sound coming from the home theater?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do you have the Sky box connected to the HDMI splitter, then an optical feed from the Sky box to the surround system?The home theatre works perfect on my main TV but when the home theatre is on I get no sound from the bedroom televisions .I do however get sound on the bedroom TV,s when I switch off the home entertainment system.Its like the sky box will only send audio to one TV at a time.I have considered an optical splitter out the back of the sky box and running an additional optical cable to the bedroom TV but wasn't sure if this would work either.Cheers.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I still don't have the info I requested. I understand the sound issue. I am asking what device the HDMI splitter connects to (besides the TV's)- does it connect to the Home Theater- or the Sky box please? Also no, an optical won't work connected to the TV- that's an Output- not an Input. What I would propose is connect the Sky Box directly to the HDMI splitter- sending that feed to the various TV's and then run an Optical from the SKy Box back to the surround sound system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The hdmi splitter is connected to the sky box and an optical cable connects the sky box to the home entertainment system.cheers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, that doesn't line up with the other two TV's not producing sound when the Home Theater is turned on. I will opt out and open the question to other experts.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you have any hdmi connection at all (either out from the sky box or the splitter) INTO the theater system?