Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I currently have the home cinema system E4500. The playing

I currently have the home cinema system E4500. The playing unit is playing up for the second time and i feel its time to depart and move on. My question is what would you recommend that i move forward to? If at all possible i would ideally like to replace the p[laying unit only therefore using the existing speakers, wireless rear speakers and wifi adapter. Cost, maybe £150 for just a player or £3-400 if a complete change of set up.
Hope you can help as an e-mail to Samsung about 9 months ago recieved no reply.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Unfortunately it is not possible to replace only the playing unit (Dvd/amplifier) as no manufacturers sell these units separately. You can only purchase a separate DVD/Blu Ray player, and also a separate AV receiver- but a standalone receiver would not be compatible with the subwoofer for the Samsung system- so in that case, you would be well over the 3-400 budget. The best solution to stay within that budget, is to purchase an entire new DVD/Home Theater system that includes the speakers- since the speakers in these systems are designed exclusively to work with the included receiver. A comparable system would be the one at the link below: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HT-F455-Channel-Cinema-Speakers/dp/B00BWKB4FW/ref=sr_1_16?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1442155146&sr=1-16&keywords=samsung+home+theater If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

• thank you for the very informative reply. you have confirmed some information that i have been told that would have made me avoid these all in one units when first buying a home cinema system, this makes the speakers defunct when there is nothing wrong with them and i do hate waste in this throwaway society we live which rams down your throat on a daily basis just how much we should endeavour to re-cycle.

• As i have no floor space free standing speakers are no good to me so imight move right away from Samsung and look at completely different set ups maybe even just a sound bar if they are as good as they say they are

• thanks again.