Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

I have a pioneer vsx 321 k p connected to my television and

Customer Question

I have a pioneer vsx 321 k p connected to my television and I get a loud background buzzing noise from my speakers, very annoying
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. Are you using a cable box? If so, temporarily disconnect the signal cable from the wall (thae cable company cable). Does the buzzing go away? I do understand you will have no picture or sound.Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not using a cable box, I am getting my signal via a sky box

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, can you disconnect the aerial cable to the Sky box. Does the humming go away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no in fact I tried that in fact I disconnected the whole sky box and using the ordinary terrestrial signal the noise is still there. Could it be a speaker malfunction

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
What else do you have connected to the Pioneer - apart from the Sky box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a dvd player

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok - do you get the buzzing when you have the Pioneer set to DVD? Or does it only happen on the TV input?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried systematically unplugging each unit in turn but still I get the interference

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so with nothing connected to the receiver except the speakers, you get the buzzing. If you switch between sources (inputs) none of which are connected, does the buzzing appear on some inputs and not others?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I have solved it, the interference appears to be coming from an ipod docking station that is plugged into the pioneer. I will just double check

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Very good. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve thanks for your help, it helped me think logically. The problem was that the jackplug to the docking system was not fully engaged.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Great. I'm glad we were able to figure it out. Thanks very much for rating my service.Have a great day. Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve you helped me with a problem with my home stereo the other day. Unfortunately you have taken payment twice from my debit card.

My order ID is 15630354-870

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again. I am not privy to billing issues. I will forward your concern to the folks that handle this.

They will contact you.

I'm sorry I can't fix it personally.

Steve