Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Denon DRA-700AEDAB receiver which has worked very

Customer Question

*I have a Denon DRA-700AEDAB receiver which has worked very well for all the time I have had it -- up to a few days ago, when suddenly I could receive no radio channels (any frequency) either through the speakers or via headphones. The monitor screen continues to indicate channel and frequency as normal. CDs and records continue to play through speakers (and headphones) as normal. I have always had very good reception via the indoor aerial. I have checked all connections and have found them secure. I have checked all the control buttons, thinking I might have pressed something inadvertently, but still nothing. Have you any suggestions, please? Thanks, ***** *****
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/loc/en/img/buttons/get_answer_on.gif
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Have you first tried disconnecting the Denon from power for 5 minutes and plugging it back in as a soft reset? If so, and the issue is still there, then reset the processor as follows: 1) Shut the unit off. 2) Press and hold Speaker A and Speaker B buttons on the front of the receiver, while pressing power once. 3) Continue to hold the speaker buttons until the display starts flashing then release them. If the display does not flash then try those steps up to three more times and let me know what happens. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Aric,

Many thanks for your response. I had no luck after disconnecting the equipment from the power source for 5 minutes, but made progress with your second suggestion. There is still some work to do because although the AM and FM radio now work (speakers and headphones), the DAB band seems to have disappeared altogether. I intend to try another major re-tune today. Meanwhile, do you have any interim thoughts on that, please? By the way, you'll certainly get your max star rating.

David

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply David. The processor reset is the only quick fix for the DAB not working, so I would try that again- since it resets the unit to shipping defaults. Perhaps try it again and then see if you can pick up anything on the re-tune. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Aric,

I have indeed clicked your 5 star rating; hope it has gone through OK. I think the problem I had might be cracked now. I have just found out that the 30+ channels downloaded that I thought were "old" FM are probably DAB. A typical radio frequency for these is 225 MHz; is this sufficient to identify it as DAB? The problem is that my equipment manual says there should be a separate band to tune in called DAB, but this term has not appeared at all on the tuner monitor screen. By the way, I am now receiving these channels via the speakers. If you confirm that what I have is DAB, we may have the problem solved. Can I still continue to consult you if I still have related issues in the near future?

David

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I did get the rating- thank you. Regarding the DAB frequencies, they are listed at the link below: http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/broadcast/dab/dab_frequencies.php I'm not certain if the Denon is supposed to have a separate band for DAB- or if it simply changes over when that frequency is tuned. If a new question arises directly related to the Denon, then you can follow up here. If a new issue altogether arises, this would need to be posted as a new question per the site protocol, and you can still request me by name.