Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have no sound out of my Onkyo Mnual TX-R609 not even on tuner

I have no sound out of my Onkyo Mnual TX-R609 not even on tuner at a tuned station?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, How long have you owned the receiver for and when did the problem occur? Also, have you tried a hard reset of the Onkyo yet?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
To reset it to factory defaults, put the receiver in Standby, then while pressing VCR/DVR, press Standby once. The receiver should then shut off and will be reset to defaults. Let me know what happens after that, if if the same problem is there, then please tell me how long you have owned the receiver for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Arica
Yes have tried reset, have had the set about 4 years
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay- there was no notification that you had replied. Unfortunately if there's still no sound from any of the Inputs (even the Tuner) after the reset this indicates a hardware failure either with the processor, or the speaker outputs. Has the unit ever shut down before or lost sound even temporarily?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric
Yes the unit has been taking a long time to start and losing sound temporarily for about a week now
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, this is a microprocessor failure and requires the Mainboard be replaced by Onkyo- which is on average a $250 repair- parts and labor included. Given what the cost to replace the receiver would be with a new one, this isn't cost effective to repair I'm afraid. Sorry for the bad news on this one and I wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.