p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Cannot connect my panasonic TV to my sound bar

Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the model of the tv and the soundbar?What specifically have you done already?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Panasonic TV 65CS620B tv

JBL Cinema SB350 sound bar

Cannot get the to route sound to sound bar

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
What connections are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hamilton cable and optical cable all connected....it is about finding great the section on the train menu to change the sound routing

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
You only need one.I would advise using optical only. The hdmi cable just adds unnecessary complication and really provides no additional benefit. Set the JBL to the optical/dig input mode.Go into the panasonic setup menu under audio and set tv speakers to off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No sound coming thrugh

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
What sources/inputs are you using with the tv?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Did you set the tv speakers to off mode?Can you also look in the menu, under the viera/link function for an audio out or speaker setting, and set it to theater/external.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can other than find a choice to confirm ectopic to external speakers on the Viera link..only on or off

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
I'm having difficulty understanding your replies. If you are using a dictation or voice software, could you please type instead.Viera link does not apply here, that would only work for hdmi, and really only for another panasonic device (such as a panasonic soundbar)The issue here is likely with your source device. The optical output of the tv is always on, no matter what.All you need to do is turn off the tv speakers so they don't conflict.As long as the jbl is on and set to the proper (optical) input mode, it should work.if it does not, then the issue would be that either the optical cable or the jbl unit is faulty, or the source device (cable/sky box, dvd, etc) is not outputting a suitable format.You can look in both the tv menu and source device menus for an audio output format option, and set that to pcm/stereo (not to dolby/digital/surround).
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter, I see you've left a negative rating for me, though I haven't heard back from you at all. Rating me poorly won't fix the problem, or result in a refund. It isn't communicated with the maker of your product, or this site.
Rather a negative rating only serves to harm my professional reputation, and is effectively blaming me for your hardware problem. This is extremely unfair to me, when I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I COULD LOSE MY JOB BECAUSE OF YOUR RATING.
I would greatly appreciate if you'd be kind enough to at least give me the courtesy of a reply so that we may communicate further, and give me a reasonable chance to resolve this issue for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I resolved myself which turned out to be a relatively simple problem in that there was a button on the remote for the soundbar which needed pushing to activate the system...this was never suggested a s something I should check hence the rating....I don't know how your company works but it seems extreme that you can lose your job over something so simple...in terms of working unpaid again that is not my issue as I paid for the service and didn't get satisfaction....nothing personal

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
I did indicate to you several times along the way that you needed to press the input button on the soundbar to get it to the optical connection.