Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Purchased JVC sound bar model number th wl 709hx and I'm having

Purchased JVC sound bar model number th wl 709hx and I'm having problems with intermittent volume drop out. This happens both with the optical connection and the HDMI set up. The TV also occasionally indicates a connection error. This is the second sound bar I've had as the company exchanged the first one due to the same problem. Many thanks
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. That sounds like your TV is having trouble with the digital audio output. The thing with soundbars is you can use PCM 2.1 audio for them, and there isn't a difference in sound. Have you thought about using the red/white audio outputs from your cable box to feed your soundbar? That will fix the problem.