Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Steve, I have the ht-nt3 soundbar with the Bravia 55x9005c.

Customer Question

Hi Steve, I have the ht-nt3 soundbar with the Bravia 55x9005c. I had hope to connect my sonos connect using fibre optic into the sound bar. However the sounds only optic in will only work as support to the TV arc hdmi audio. The only solution I can see is to manually plugin the optic cable every time I want to play music. This is really annoying as I was told the system had optic in.
I've tried using both at the same time but when optic is plugged in it overrides the arc audio, and won't let you switch between the two inputs. Is there someway in disabling the relationship between the arc and the optic so they can be used separately? I'd love your help on this mate.best wishes alex.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. There is an input button on your soundbar remote, are you able to switch inputs? It defaults to optical, but I believe you can switch the input to ARC while there is optical connected. If that doesn't do the trick, click here. This is a way so that you don't have to disconnect the optical cable, the switch will break the circuit for you to enable ARC.