Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My LG blue ray home cinema model BH4120S, is not playing through

My LG blue ray home cinema model BH4120S, is not playing through my speakers. It is connected to my SAMSUNG model ue40f5300akxxu television, it worked fine on my other SAMSUNG. However if I play a disc the surround sounds fine. Any ideas, thanks
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, The red and white jacks on this TV are not for audio out- they are for Input. The TV only uses a digital audio out to send sound to external sound systems (Optical). Your LG system doesn't support optical- so a converter is needed. The converter connects with an optical cable to the "Digital Audio Out" on the back of the TV. Then the converter gives you the red and white audio out jacks to connect to your LG system. The converter is at the link below: http://www.amazon.co.uk/PROZOR-Digital-Toslink-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00KNNSKV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447762700&sr=8-1&keywords=optical+to+rca+converter This will route the sound from your new Samsung TV to your LG surround system. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.