tyroneboman
tyroneboman,
62741268

I have a sony soundbar connected to my tv. I have the soundbar

Customer Question

Hi I have a sony soundbar connected to my tv. I have the soundbar connected by a bluetooth device to a tower speaker. The device is definitely paired but there is no sound comming out of the tower. Can yo advise me?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will need a little more info please> What is the model number of your Sony Sound bar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number of the Sony sound bar is HT-CT260. I checked online and this does support bluetooth.
I have a bluetooth device connected to the sound bar and this is paired to a tower speaker but there is no sound comming from
the tower. Thanks, James.
okay, is the bluetooth device that you are using a transmitter? What is the bluetooth device model number please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Bluetooth device is Layen BTR-S . Transmitter and receiver.
okay, it looks like the Sony Sound bar does not have an audio output. Where do you have the Layen connected on the Soundbar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Analog input
okay, that set up will not work. The only option for the tower speaker will be to use an audio splitter and then get the signal from the tv to the soundbar and Layen transmitter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Randy, thats great, have just ordered one on ebay. Thanks very much for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy, that solution of an audio splitter will not work because the layen bluetooth device has an input jack, so how can that fit into an optical splitter. James
Okay, your splitter will need to be optical input with two audio outputs. One to the soundbar and one to the Layen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can I get an optical input with an optical output and analog output splitter? That is what I need?
Yes, if you get the splitter that has optical output you will need an adapter for one of the optical outputs.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KNNSKV0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1449262219&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=optical+audio+adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=41VtrNjafsL&ref=plSrch