p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Is my w1500 repairable. The problem is that sometimes it skips

Customer Question

is my w1500 repairable. The problem is that sometimes it skips towards the end of a cd which i suppose means that the lazor is not reading properly.If possible to repair Where and how? thx John Wilkins.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you referring to a Denon crd-w1500?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for some reason you could not refer to my email address which is***@******.*** is difficult for me to respond from this station'but yes indeed this is a cdr-w1500 and i have been informed that parts especialy lazors are no longer available
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.Yes, you are absolutely correct regarding parts availability. This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens). If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly. If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.Nathan