Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an Onkyo CR-505DAB is there any way of powering wifi

I have an Onkyo CR-505DAB is there any way of powering wifi speaker from this system rather than the wired speakers.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. No, the Onkyo does not have a Wi Fi transmitter or receiver so therefore cannot send a Wi Fi signal directly to any devices.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The only workaround to use wireless speakers is to purchase "Blue Tooth" speakers and then purchase a plug in Blue Tooth transmitter which connects to the Onkyo's headphone jack which will then send signal to BT enabled speakers: http://www.amazon.co.uk/CSL-Bluetooth-transmitter-bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B00XU7SSAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450558521&sr=8-1&keywords=wi+fi+transmitter Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK that is what I thought, however will sound quality be lost & how does it keep the stereo sound?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. The sound quality will not be lost since current BlueTooth is audio quality. As far as stereo is concerned, this depends on which BT speaker you purchase. Some "sum" the signal to mono, and some are actual stereo speakers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that answers my problem
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.