Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I lost sound on my sanyo DC-D27U after unplugging mobile phone.

Customer Question

i lost sound on my sanyo DC-D27U after unplugging mobile phone. Everything else is working
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I may be able to help you with your problem. Are you saying that the sound on your stereo system works with your FM tuner, cd player, and cassette desk, but not on the external channel? Do you have your smartphone connected via a stereo audio cable to play music that has been downloaded to it or is streaming through it from the internet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel, thanks for your reply, my issue is there is no sound at all when I try to use cd/tape or fm radio.My son had been using system for speaker volume with his phone but after he unplugged his phone system is not making any sound at all eventhough there is power and disc spinning.There is no smartphone connected at this stage
Hello again. I apologize for not answering sooner. I have been trying to think about what settings on your stereo system could be causing this problem, and I b=have been unsuccessful at downloading the manual.
It is possible that a tape dubbing function has been unwittingly activated that is overriding all the other channel controls and preventing you from getting any sound, because it requires that both cassette decks be loaded with tape. It is likely that the problem has something to do with the tape decks. It is very unlikely that unplugging the phone from the stereo jack has caused any actual damage. I think it has something todo with the controls on your stereo. I recommend that you check all your controls and, if possible, refer to your user manual.