Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

I bought a Panasonic CD stereo system sa-pm33db in a Charity

I bought a Panasonic CD stereo system sa-pm33db in a Charity Shop but it has no instructions. I am trying to play a CD and it says CD TOC reading, then CD no disc even though I have inserted one? Please help
Category: Home Cinema System
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that it has been working perfectly until yesterday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first it would appears your unit cannot read the TOC (table of content ) so it will give you that message
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
This normally can be caused by a defective/scratched /dirty disk or even some home made discs may be difficult to read .Other reasons would be a weak laser or dirtly lens so it cannot focus on the disc TOC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried brand new discs and as I say it was working perfectly. It did not come with an instruction book therefore the clock is not set as I don't know how to do it, could that have something to do with it?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No that would not have any bearing on this but give me a couple of minutes and I will get you the manual
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here it is , click the link below;https://panasonic.ca/viewing/ALL/SC-PM33DB/OI/rqtv0123-b/rqtv0123-b.pdf
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Now do you mean that it doesn`t read the same disc that were playing fine yesterday ?Or doesn`t read any discs whatsoever ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. It doesn't read any discs I have tried 3 or 4 and it comes up every time with CD TOC reading and then CD no disc, however when I eject the CD it is spinning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Jack did you get that? To reiterate it doesn't ready any discs and I have tried 3 or 4 different one. It comes up every time with CD TOC reading then then CD no disc, however when I eject the CD it is spinning?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If the disc is still spinning when you eject it then this does not look good for the system control .That coupled with the fact that today all of sudden it doesn`t read anything ???I don`t think this has to do with cleaning any longer and beside pulling out the power cord for a few minutes there is no reset for this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to say that I did not get a remote control with this but I guess that doesn't matter? So I will try pulling out the power cord and leaving it for a few minutes then if the same thing happens the CD part of the machine is useless?? As it didn't cost much I might try getting hold on Panosonic to see what they suggest, or would you advise cutting my losses and perhaps getting another on e-bay?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Well , there is still the dab and fm receiver that should work but if you did not get the remote with it and to tell you frankly I would be surprised that even Panasonic would take it in for repair and if they would then the possible cost .... Yes I would suggest cutting your loss down now , do not spend money on this unit , it will be better invested towards a new unit .
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Wish there had been an easy solution for this like a reset after pulling out the power cord but if not then I hope this still helps to decide what your next move is and If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions. Thank you and happy holidays
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help Jack and a Happy New Year to you.