Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I HAVE SETUP 2 FRONT TANNOY M3 /EYE SPEAKERS AND MORDANT SHORT

I HAVE SETUP 2 FRONT TANNOY M3 B/EYE SPEAKERS AND MORDANT SHORT MEZZO 5 CENTER SPEAKER. I HAVE SUCCESFULLY USED THE MICROPHONE AND SAVED THE SETTINGS. BUT WHEN I ADD BACK LEFT AND RIGHT TANNOY MERCURY M1 B/EYE SPEAKERS I GET AN ERROR AND CANT SAVE THE SETUP. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ? AND ALSO WHAT IS B/EYE?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. If you're getting an error (usually MCACC error) when you add the back speakers, this points to a shorted speaker wire, or other fault in the rear channel wiring, or one of the speakers itself is at fault causing the error. Please remove, re-strip and terminate the wires again for the rears and see if the get that error again. If so, then as a TEST- swap the front left and right for rear left and right speaker connections and run the setup again. Let me know what happens. Also what is the Brand and Model Number of the receiver you're setting up? Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done as you suggested but still no good. Make and model of amp is in my question.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please show me where you posted the make and model of the amp in your question? It's not posted anywhere on this page- which is why I'm asking for that. Thanks!
Also please elaborate- "still no good". What I need to know was what the results were when you connected front left and right to the rear channels- and vise versa. Did the receiver show an Error on the rear channels or the front channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that, i must be getting past it, however its an ONKYO TX - NR808
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error shown on back speakers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The error indicates a fault in the rear speaker wiring, or even internal to the receiver itself if the wiring has been swapped. Please unplug the receiver from power, then re-strip and reconnect your rear speaker wiring (on both the receiver and the speaker ends). Plug the receiver back in and perform a factory reset as follows: Turn it on and, while holding down VCR/DVR (on the front panel of the receiver), press ON/STANDBY. Then try to run through the speaker setup again and let me know what happens. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried reset but still get speaker error, however I will take amp back to Richersounds to get them to check it out. Will let you know how I get on.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. Since you've swapped the speakers around (from front to back) and also checked the cables and reset the receiver, this would indicate a hardware failure with the amp- I'm sorry for the bad news on this one.Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.