Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

I have SHARP Sound Bar HT-SB320D, which I have connected

I have SHARP Sound Bar HT-SB320D, which I have connected with the Sharp Blue Ray via an optical cable.
I would like to connect my sound bar with the Sky box (2HD+2TB), which I think requires an audio coaxial, but the cable fits in the SKy box but seems to be too big for the sound bar.
Could you advice cable I should buy?
regards, Jakub
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,I`m JackCan you confirm the sound bar model as HT-SB32D ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If your skybox has only coaxial digital beside analog audio out left/right then you will need to use the analog left/right audio out to connect it to the soundbar .Your sound bar has optical and analog 3.5 MM input , that is that smaller jack you were talking about
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
That will work just fine but you will need a cable like this , click the link below ;http://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-3-5mm-Stereo-Phono-Plugs/dp/B003PU2L7M/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1454176682&sr=8-8&keywords=3.5+mm+to+stereo+cable
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
You can find that "3.5MM to rca stereo " cable at local stores like currys as well
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I have Sharp HT-SB32D, the Sky box has a single audio port which is orange. So the cable which you suggest has an additional jack- will it work though if I leave it unconnected?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No that is digital and you would need a stereo converter .Doesn`t that skybox have stereo left/right output jacks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, this is the only audio port which I can see.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then give me a minute but just curious , what type of output is there on that box , hdmi ,scart etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me a min I will check
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
On the box model you gave me I see that it has everything yu need unless its not the correct box .It has scart , hdmi , coaxial and optical digital and also analog left/right audio out that you need ,that is of course unless you are using them for the tv ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has 1 scart, 1 hdmi, 1 optical , 1 audio (organge), 1 USB, 2 for dish, I/O Port and RE-232, nothing else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the old box had R and L audio ports, but not this new box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the rear panel here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any way I can get this connected?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , something came up and I had t step out .Thanks for the picture .Beside that coaxial digital it looks like an optical port and if so then this could be used .I know that your blueray is already connected there but you could get a coaxial switch like those at the link below;http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=optical+switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks, ***** ***** the switch.