Richard, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I have an Onkyo TX NR636. I use the app from iphone to

Customer Question

Hello I have an Onkyo TX NR636. I use the app from iphone to manage zone 1 and zone 2. It all works fine. But for a few weeks we cannot put sound in Zonw 2. The app enables to launch and play Zone 2, but with sound down to 0. When we try to increase the sound in Zone 2 it refuses. In Zone 1 it is fine.
Have tried to reset the app but no change. Any idea?
Category: Home Cinema System
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeOn the iPhone can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.Let the iPhone restart and tell me if you can now control Zone 2 please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok -- will try when I am back home -- but for info:- I have deinstalled reinstalled the app several times
- I can control Z2 with the app -- it is only the sound in Z2 that is forced to 0 (if you increase it returns to 0)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** want to rule out the phone as the issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok -- got home and tried no chance.
To rule out the phone you can guide me to get sound with the remote control on Z2. I can't get the music to work in Z2, but it used to work well with both app and RC
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you switch the outputs of Zone 1 and 2 so your swapping speakers.Do you then get any sound in Zone 2?