Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a 1988 Technics CD player SL-PJ22 which has died

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 1988 Technics CD player SL-PJ22 which has died ,I wish to replace it but realise it is rather old yet the rest of the Midi music stack is very good. I have found on e-bay a Technics CD player serial SL-PJ26A would this unit be compatible ? If not what Model numbers would fit the requirements.
***** ***** 01939 -200261
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Adam. Thank you for your reply and endeavors. Me contacting you is last chance as it were. I have no urgency in replacing this CD player . I suspect it may be more economical for me to bit the bullet and buy a new Midi Sound system as it
will only cost me an extra £60/70 over replacing my expired unit .Then all the equipment will be new with guarantees.
***** *****.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, my name is Rusty. Yes, it is compatible. All CD players have line level outputs with PCM audio. That means that anything with RCA jacks for an output will work with your current system. The SL-PJ26A will work just fine, with your existing wiring. Just unplug your old one, and plug in your new one the exact same way.