Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Have just purchased SC-BTT405 theatre system which is connected

have just purchased SC-BTT405 theatre system which is connected to a vieara TV and sky box. It appears that the remote does not work properly. It is hit and miss whether any thing happens when buttons are pressed which is becoming very annoying. Any thoughts on this please.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. It sounds like you have a manufacturer defect. This can be in the remote, or the remote sensor inside the main unit. It's hard to tell which one without more tests. Since you just got it, I recommend you either take it back to the store and exchange it for a new one, or if you bought it online, use your warranty. You're covered for parts and labor. The other thing that can cause this is too much light in the room. If it works at night better than during the day, get closer to the unit, and see if that makes a change. To use your warranty, call 0344(###) ###-####