LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years in Home Theater and Systems Integrator, Senior
444199

KENWOOD HM-332 - Home micro -fi component system. Not fully

Customer Question

KENWOOD HM-332 - Home micro hi-fi component system. Not fully powering up, whether switched on via remote or on unit. Timer operates unit but power is low - dim display and no sound (tape deck operates fully but no sound) - amplifier issue? Was working intermittently when tapped sharply on left hand side of unit.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adam,Good afternoon. Thank you for your kind message. I am happy to wait a little longer for assistance but would appreciate some technical advice on this intermittent fault.Kind regards,JOSH'.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Josh,My name is ***** ***** I will try and help with your question. I am looking for a service manual to help me. I suspect it could be a dry joint(bad solder connection) on one of the supply lines from the power supply. Have you had a look inside the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Carl,No, not yet. I always prefer to narrow down the options before dismemberment! The unit's amp is working at approx. half power (volume is normally at 13 but has to be set at 26 to get the same level of sound - on all functions).