Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Stereo system model SC-PM3. How can I make the display brighter?

Stereo system model SC-PM3. How can I make the display brighter? It is only possible to turn the dimmer on and off.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you referring to a Panasonic SC-PM3? If so, then yes you can dim the display using the remote. At the bottom of the remote are buttons labeled "Display" and "Dimmer". Press display and then dimmer to raise or lower the brightness of the screen. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Let me know once you're able to see my reply please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Aric. What I need to know is if the brightness of the display can be increased as at the moment it is very low and difficult to read. I have tried the display and dimmer which only turns the display on.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. I'm looking into this deeper. Are you saying if you keep pressing Dimmer that the display just flashes off and on? If not can you try pressing that button several times?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, upon re-reading the manual they simply state that Dimmer is to turn the display on and off- which to me is misleading. Apparently that is the only control for the display as the display button cycles through the display options and the dimmer simply dims (shuts down) or brings up the display.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the Dimmer simply turns on and off. The brightness does not alter.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Unfortunately those would be the limitations of the controls on the Panasonic. There's no way we can force it to dim gradually if it is not built into the function set of the unit. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad new and wish there were a quick fix. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Aric. You have answered my question. I think it will be necessary to replace the system with a more updated model. That is the end of my enquiry. Goodbye.