Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

THERE I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE PLEASE! BOUGHT THE SONY

Customer Question

HI THERE I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE PLEASE!
BOUGHT THE SONY BDP-S7200 - WHEN PLAYING DISCS, A DISTORTED IMAGE APPEARS ON THE BOTTOM 2 OR 3 INCHES OF THE SCREEN(CAN VARY) AFTER PLAYING FINE FOR A WHILE- SO I CANT REALLY WATCH ANYTHING AT THE MOMENT.
HOWEVER , IPLAYER ,AMAZON INSTANT APPEAR TO BE FINE.
I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW S7200 , BUT THE SAME PROBLEM HAS ARISEN.
I HAVE A NEW SAMSUNG UE48JU7000T TV , A NEW DENON AVR-X220WRECEIVER AND GOT SOME SECOND HAND CHORD HDMIS OFF EBAY .
HDMIS ; BLURAYPLAYER TO BLURAY INPUT ON RECEIVER;
THEN OUTPUT OFF RECEIVER TO HDMI 1 INPUT ON THE TV
CAN YOU HELP DETECT THE PROBLEM PLEASE ***@******.***
THANK YOU
Category: Home Cinema System
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
COULD IT BE THE DIRECTION OF THE CABLES OR THE EXTERNAL SAMSUNG HDMI BLACK BOX IS FAULTY?OR THE BLURAY INPUT ON THE AMP? I CANT SEEM TO DETECT THE PROBLEM
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Yes in order to narrow down the problem you will want to first connect the Blu Ray player DIRECTLY to your TV and see if the same issue happens. This needs to be done in order to rule out the Denon as being the cause of the problem. Your next step is to replace those HDMI cables with brand new ones- I would never purchase a used HDMI cable, as they're digital and can go intermittent causing problems like the ones you're having when they are bad. Since none of the cables are new, it very well could be any of those cables. Also is there anything else connected to the Denon (like a Sky Box, Humax box, etc.) that DOES display clearly on the TV without that distortion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK THATS REALLY HELPFUL THANKS . IVE GOT TO GO TO WORK NOW BUT I WILL TRY ALL THIS TOMORROW MORNING AND GET BACK TO YOU . THANKS SO MUCH ARIC.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and no problem- you can reply back here at any time! If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI ARIC
OK SI IVE JUST BOUGHT SOME NEW HDMIS , AND THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS!
SO NOW IM JUST GOING TO USE ONE CABLE BETWEEN THE BLURAY PLAYER AND TV, AND ILL KEEP YOU INFORMED,
THANKS, LEON.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE GOT A NEW PANASONIC SET TOP BOX RIGGED UP TO THE DENON RECEIVER , SO I WILL TRY WATCHING SOMETHING ON THAT IN A BIT AS I HAVENT REALLY USED IT YET.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK .. SO THE PICTURE SEEMS TO BE OK BLURAY TO TV
IVE PUT THE SET TOP BOX INTO THE BLURAY INPUT ON THE AMP BUT IT SEEMS TO BE FINE..
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you're saying here, are you saying that right now everything is working fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY THAT WAS A BIT UNCLEAR;
THE BLURAY PLAYER DISTORTS THROUGH THE AMP , BUT IT SEEMED TO BE OK GOING DIRECT INTO THE TV.
THE SETTOP BOX SEEMS TO BE OK THOUGH IF PLUGGED INTO THE BLURAY INPUT ON THE AMP.
NOW I WILL TRY PUTTING THE BLURAY PLAYER INTO ANOTHER INPUT..
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No problem and thank you for the reply. Do try another Input on the Denon and as a last resort we can also try resetting the processor of the Denon to see if this helps clear things up. Let me know what happens.If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK THANKS ILL LET YOU KNOW.
ONE THING I HAVE NOTICED ABOUT USING THE DVD INPUT*ON THE AMP) - WHEN I PRESS "INFO" ON THE TV REMOTE, THE RESOLUTION SAYS 1920X1080, WHEREAS IF YOU USE THE BLURAY INPUT(ON THE AMP), IT SAYS 1920X1080.
THE MANUAL SAYS ALL INPUTS SHOULD SUPPORT 4K UPSCALING.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you're saying- you posted the same resolution for both inputs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY WHEN IN THE BLURAY INPUT IT SAYS3840X2160, BUT THE OTHER INPUTS ITS 1920X1080
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Have you tried resetting the processor of the Denon yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO I WOULD NEED YOUR HELP TO DO THAT
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It's on page 246 of the manual (below), under "Resetting to factory settings": http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20150728161400/Manuals/033/033AVX2200.PDF
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK THANKS ILL DO IT NOW.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay sounds good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DONE . IT SAID INITIALIZED , SO SHALL I JUST START GOING THROUGH THE SET UP AGAIN?THANKS
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES! REALLY APPRECIATE IT
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and sounds good!