Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a pioneer turntable pl-990 ,and want to put though my

Customer Question

Hi I have a pioneer turntable pl-990 ,and want to put though my pioneer tuner amplifier cx-j300.Problem the turntable has to be connected to the auxiliary system not to the phon Do you know which system I can put my turntable though on my amp.thanks bill
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Please ignore this reply as it was posted accidentally.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

All you need is a small phono preamp to connect between the turntable and the Pioneer tuner/amplifier. This corrects the levels and EQ needed for a turntable (this is a very common workaround when connecting a turntable to a modern amp/receiver that does not have a phono stage built in). A unit such as the one at the link below, or ANY "MM phono preamp" will work. The turntable connects to the "Phono Input", the turntable ground to the ground lug, and the phono preamp "Outputs" connect to any of the Inputs on the Pioneer tuner/amplifier:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Ject-Phono-Box-MM-Amplifier/dp/B000YEK1AQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1470916706&sr=8-5&keywords=phono+preamp

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.